Saturday, December 31, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR! GLIMPSES OF THE FESTIVE SEASON IN OUR HOME...



This Christmas has been very rainy indeed...
A year ago, we were struggling to get through deep snow...
It has been a very arduous year. Looking back, I have no doubt done a lot of useful inner work and also managed to set new things in motion. At least I hope so! I feel that things that have been stuck are now getting unstuck, and I feel quite energized by a feeling of motivation to work and seek personal success. It's too early to shout about it but things look less bleak now. There's a sense of direction and purpose, which was lost for quite a while. I am quite determined to do what feels right in spite of potential criticism.


As we set out in our car to look for a Christmas tree,
we spotted two across the street,
leaning against the Animal Welfare Charity shop.
We got a smaller and a bigger tree for £ 7... it's funny how I usually get a tree for almost nothing at all.
A incense burner, probably from an Anglican church or chapel
The bigger tree is not really in my taste, but oh well, we saved a lot of money!


We bought this second hand chandelier for £ 12 and I have been hanging stuff I already had on it
throughout the year.
 I bought a few hearts and the beady garland.
It's a bit of a whimsy!






The best thing about this Christmas, apart from finally seeing my mother and having a good time, must be the fact that my mom gave me a fabulous new lens (SP 70-300 mm) which will allow me great close ups! I took this image of a candle late at night on Christmas Eve (which is when we celebrate) and it is pretty damn good quality. Of course, if someone gave me an even better camera I would be very happy, but I can manage with my Nikon D90 for a while longer... 

HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR FULL OF CREATIVE CHALLENGES AND NICE SURPRISES!



No comments:

Post a Comment